The objectives of this club shall be a common goal of caring for others, concern for the community, to promote friendship amongst members, to engage in philianthropic and educational endeavors and participate in Federation activities.
May 1926 Pablo Creek Civic Club was organized by a small group of local women. At that time there was only one road that connected south Jacksonville with the Beaches area and that was two lane Atlantic Boulevard.
December 12, 1935 the Pablo Civic League changed its name to The Woman's Club of Jacksonville Beach and bought a clubhouse! The first meeting in the clubhouse was held January 21, 1938. The club was admitted to the State and General Federation of Woman's Clubs and officially became Jacksonville Beaches Woman's Club.
The 1950's: members continued to support community life including public schools, churches, public health issues and environmental concerns. Hundreds of volunteer hours and dollars raised through designated efforts helped special projects and scholarships
1964: the group sold their first clubhouse and built their second clubhouse in Jacksonville Beach. The property was given by the city to the club. The building was dedicated June 23, 1964 by Congressman Charles Bennett. Many area dignitaries and a huge crowd attended the ceremony.
In the following decades, the club continued to contribute financial support to many civic and philanthropic endeavors through fundraising projects.
In 2007, due to growing concerns of the cost, effort and efficiency of maintaining ownership of the property, members voted to sell the clubhouse. "Moving on, but still together and better than ever" became the club motto.
The new decade beginning 2010 saw the club winning 17 District IV Awards; 10 State Awards; and Best Overall District IV Club.
This club has evolved since its beginning in 1926...more than 86 years of adaptation. The objectives still are: to care for others, to promote a concern for community, to promote friendship among members, to engage in philanthropic endeavors, to participate in educational endeavors and to participate in Federation Activities.
Born out of a desire to make an impact and a difference in our community, Jacksonville Beaches Woman's Club is led by our care and concern of our beach families. Since inception, we have maintained a focus that providing support and friendship are the keys to a thriving community.
Forward thinking, everyone involved with Jacksonville Beaches Woman's Club firmly believes in building communities one person and one day at a time. Effective, lasting, and fruitful lives take time to cultivate. Our club is here to serve the members of the Jacksonville Beach community the best way we can.